Your privacy is important for us at Elen Studio Photography.
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) comes into effect on 25 May 2018. The GDPR introduces a significant number of changes to the existing EEA data protection landscape and expands the rights of individuals by giving them greater control over their personal data.
1. Who is responsible for your personal data and how can you contact them?
Elen Studio Photography (referred to as “we” in this Privacy Statement) is the controller of your personal data. Our contact details are:
ELen Studio Photography, 4 Cardrona Close, Derby, DE21 2JN, UK,
Tel +44 (0) 1332663426
2. Why do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data in order to be able
• to communicate with you regarding your order or request (name, email, phone number, postal address),
• to create a legal photography contract (name, email, phone number, postal address)
• to contact you regarding our special offers (email)
• to send you a Birthday card (date of birth, optional)
3. Where do we obtain personal data about you?
We process personal data that
• you provide to us directly (via email/phone call/verbally/in writing)
• is received from the list of contacts provided by wedding fayre/baby show organisers that, you yourself provided to them with consent to share with the suppliers
4. To whom do we disclose your personal data?
We don’t disclose your personal data to anyone.
With regards to your name associated with your photographs, we may display some of your photographs in the studios, portfolios, literature, wedding exhibitions, web site and other web resources and advertising quoting the name of a couple, but only with your express consent (which is usually part of photography contract).
5. Where do we store your personal data?
Your personal data and photographs are stored in electronic or paper form.
Your personal data in electronic form is stored in a password protected clients database application (itself compliant with the GDPR) and/or the Elen Studio Photography’s own computers, only accessible by the Elen Studio Photography staff.
Your digital photographs are stored on Elen Studio Photography’s own computers/hard drives, only accessible by the Elen Studio Photography staff.
Paper copies of contracts, invoices, receipts, hand written application forms etc are stored in an office, only accessible by the Elen Studio Photography staff.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes of our relationship with you or complying with a legal or regulatory obligation. For legal reasons we have to keep photography contracts and invoices for at least 5 years after the date of the contract or invoice.
7. What are your rights in relation to personal data?
You can ask us to:
• provide you with a copy of your personal data;
• correct your personal data;
• erase your personal data; or
• restrict our processing of your personal data.
To exercise these rights or if you have questions about how we process your personal data, please contact us using the contact details in Section 1.
This Privacy Statement takes effect on 25 May 2018; it was last updated on 22 May 2018. If we change it, to keep you fully aware of our processing of your personal data and related matters, we will post the new version to this website.